Baking soda has become a must have item any everyone’s home. It’s not just for baking or just popping a box in the fridge, although it does help to keep food fresh. I have a compiled a list of ways you can use baking soda. Here’s to the power of baking soda and its many uses!
1. Drains/Pipes – Sprinkle a little baking soda down your drains and let it work its magic. This will help unclog those pipes in no time at all.
2. Carpet Freshener – Lightly dust your carpet or rugs with a little baking soda, let sit for 15 minutes and then vacuum it up. This helps with any odors that may be hiding in your carpet.
3. Oven Cleaner – Toss a small amount around the bottom of your oven. Then spray a little water over the baking soda and let that sit overnight. The next morning wipe everywhere you see it needs cleaning.
4. Laundry – Throw in a very small amount with your next load of clothes. This is a really great way to getting your clothes super clean!
5. Dish washer – Add a small amount to the dish washer and let it run its cycle. This will not only clean your dish washer beautifully but will also help in cleaning out the pipes once it empties.
6. Trash Cans – Sprinkle a small amount into the garbage cans to help prevent any odors.
7. Cutting Boards – Scrub the cutting board with a tiny amount of baking soda and it will put an end to onion smells, garlic smells and much more.
8. Tupperware – Make a paste with baking soda and a little water and use this to scrub your Tupperware. You will notice all the stains are gone!
9. Diaper Genie/Pail – Throw some down in the bottom of your diaper pail and this will help rid of all lingering smells.
10. Grease Cleaner – Not only will this help put out grease fires but it will clean up the mess that grease caused.
So now you have a list of just some of the ways that baking soda can be used throughout your home. This is a cheap and safe way to clean; the power of baking soda can go on and on.